Thursday, February 11, 2010

Diguised

Laughing into the face of the sun,
Dancing in the rain,
Smiling when I look in your eyes,
My heart bleeding on in vain.

I even hide it from myself:
I tell myself I don't love you.
But every day I miss you more,
And every night I think of you.

Just watch me shine. I'm all alive!
The joy of the party, the song of the dance.
I sparkle in youthful merriment,
I glow in carefree romance.

I look like I don't have a care,
I know no pain, I fear no hurt.
But deep inside and hardly known
I ache for your smile, long for your heart.

I'll never leave, or turn away:
Loving across a wide expanse.
And smiling as you walk away
To live your life, I'll watch you dance.

I'll never show, you'll never guess
The wound you made that will not heal.
Nor perceive the love you just passed up,
The joy we might have made so real.

'Cause I'm smiling into the face of the sun,
Dancing in the rain.
Laughing when I want to cry.
Singing to disguise the pain.

© Aisha 2009

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Good job. I think it's written well, Aisha.

You really should keep writing poetry!!!!

Coffee and Black Ink said...

Thanks, Bethy. :) I've been reading the book you gave me for Christmas, and I totally love it! And it's already been helpful, to some degree. :) Thanks you sooo much!
I think I shall keep writing poetry. ;)

Susannah said...

This is good! My favorite part is

"I'll never leave, or turn away:
Loving across a wide expanse.
And smiling as you walk away
To live your life, I'll watch you dance."

Keep it up!

Coffee and Black Ink said...

Thanks Susy! :)