Monday, January 23, 2012

Weddings and Things

Oooohhh BOY it's been a long time since I've posted something on here!

Loads of things have happened, the most prominent of which, at this moment, is I got engaged. :)

His name is Jeremy Smith. I met him on the 23rd of December, 2010, and we started dating on May 11 of that same year. He proposed to me a year to the day after we met, at a Christmas party we hosted here at my house. Jeremy is a Christian, a winemaker, and a wonderful man. Mama loves him. :) So do I, as a matter of fact!

We've just been happily engaged for the past few weeks, not really thinking much about a whole lot except each other. And then my best friend Hannah, who is living with us, and is dating my fiancee's best friend Jason, had to go and bring home a wedding planner book from the bookstore, and get me hooked on it. So what did I do? I went and got a book just like it the other day, and now I'm totally consumed with looking at wedding magazines, wedding websites, wedding dresses, wedding hair styles, wedding shoes, wedding rings, wedding cakes, wedding receptions...can you tell I have become obsessed?
I used to me dreamy and all..."ahhh wouldn't I love to have such-and-such in my wedding..." or "oh wouldn't I love to get married" or anything like that. And now...now it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm excited, just a little.

I MISS BETHANY though. I need my maid of honour to be HERE!!!!!! Instead of miles and miles and miles away in OREGON!
Well, such is life.

At this moment, however, my fiancee is in the hospital being treated for Hemophilia. This is a normal procedure, so do not be too alarmed. The worrisome part is not really that there will be complications - though that is a minor possibility - but the doctors want to keep him for up to 3 days to run some extra tests and stuff, and if they do keep him, it will mean the loss of the job he JUST got this past weekend, and which he cannot afford to lose.
Please keep him in your prayers my friends.

Anyways! I shall try to keep up with this fascinating thing called a blog much more thoroughly.

Much love!
~me

3 comments:

BerlinerinPoet said...

I had no idea. Congratulations! I hope he gets better soon.

Emmy D said...

You crazy, crazy girl. Congratulations! When is the wedding? :D

Coffee and Black Ink said...

Am I really that crazy? ;) Well now you have an idea. Save the date, it's the 25th of May, 2013.